Thursday, March 22, 2012

Yoda Fingerless Gloves Pattern

Hi Everyone!

Finally got around to writing up the monthly pattern!  This is one of my all-time favorite patterns I have written--love, love, love fingerless gloves!  And seriously, what could make fingerless gloves better than some smiling Yoda faces?




Here is what you will need to make your Yoda Fingerless Gloves:

  • Red Heart Super Saver (In the color of your choice, for the gloves themselves)
  • Small amount of Red Heart Super Saver Green yarn (For the faces)
  • 4 medium sized black buttons (For the eyes)
  • Small amount of black embroidery thread
  • Yarn needle

I was just a tad lazy with this pattern and I did not make the right and left gloves different, so you will be able to see the back seam on one of them.  It you choose, you can use a totally different glove pattern and just add Yoda!

Here is the pattern for the glove(s):

Chain 22, slip stitch in first stitch to join

Rounds 1 - 6: Ch 2, HDC in each st around, join with a slip stitch.
Rounds 7 - 9:  Ch 1, SC in each st around and join with a slip stitch.
Round 10:  Ch 1, SC in each stitch up to the last 5.  Ch 5, slip stitch in the first chain. 
Round 11:  Ch 1, SC in each SC up to the ch 5.  SC 5 times in the chain 5 space.  Slip stitch to end round.
Rounds 12 - 14:  Ch 1, SC in each stitch around.  Join with a slip stitch. 
Round 15:  Slip stitch in each stitch around and join. 
End off.

Now, here is how I made the faces.  I crocheted the head and ears separately and just used some extra yarn and the needle to sew them on--this way I can get them on really well and they won't come off. 

Here is how you make the head:

Ch 2
HDC 9 times in first Ch from hook.  Join with a slip stitch.
End off. 

Here is how you make the head:

Ch 4, turn
HDC in first ch from hook, slip stitch in next 2 ch
End off

Now just sew the faces on with some of the green yarn. 
Use the embroidery thread and the needle to sew on the button eyes and a simple V smile. 

That is it!  I hope you like this pattern as much as I do!

Have a fabulous week!

Cheers!
-Stitchingupastorm

4 comments:

Have something to say? Leave me a comment- I love hearing from you!