Today I was working on wrapping a birthday gift for a friend--which as a side note, I am quite terrible at.
I can not do any sort of fancy wrapping--not even just plain wrapping--instead it always looks like I got something and just wrapped and taped wherever I liked...which is pretty much what I do--but while 'wrapping' today, I was messing with some little strips of tissue paper I had left and made some little flowery-things. So I thought I'd make a tutorial to share, just for fun :)
They're amazing aren't they? :P Before I even try to go any further with this post, though, let's talk about my nails:
I know. They totally rock. For those who don't know, they are Lord of the Rings nails--see it?! It's the inscription that was on The One Ring! I'll do a tutorial on that sometime :)
Ok, back to flowers.
1. First up, you need a strip of tissue paper--it can be as long or short as you like.
2. Crumple up the end into a little ball
3. Now start to loosely twist the tissue paper, crumpling it a bit as well, and wrap it around the ball in a circle
4. Keep twisting
5. Once you run out of tissue paper, fold the end to the back of the flower
6. Put some tape on the back to hold it in place
7. Repeat with all of your scrap tissue paper
Aren't they cute?! And it adds a nice touch to my rather crazy wrapping!
Much love to you all <3